Saturday, 10 December 2011

He Has Been Watching

I have always wondered  - Just how much is Cameron taking in and understanding? Over the years he hasn't appeared, until recently, to have really been aware of what was going on around him on a daily basis.

Today we were visiting Cameron's grandparents and his Nanna was making a cuppa. She took two cups out to make milo for the children and Cameron walked over and snatched a cup out of her hand. That was a little shocking but he placed the cup safely on the bench so I thought nothing of it.

Nanna took out the milo tin and a spoon and Cameron watched as she spooned milo into My Little Angels cup. He then took the spoon and, in his own way, spooned milo into his cup. I was stunned. It took three goes to get enough milo and there was milo on the bench but the milo was in the cup.

I was stunned. He had watched, understood and then copied. This is something I had not even imagined he would do.

It makes the mind boggle at what else he is likely to start copying in the next few months.

Very exciting!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely post, Jane! I can only imagine what a wonderful heart-filling moment that was for your family. Thanks for sharing it. (((Hugs)))

    Debbie K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Cam!!! That is so encouraging!!!

    ReplyDelete