Why Cameron is No Ordinary Kid - Part 60

I know you were expecting to read whether our marriage survived or not but that was further along in the story so you will just have to wait and see.

There were some absolute positives about moving back to the city and mostly they were based around our families and friends.

Sadly we had left a couple of our best friends behind in the town we had been forced to leave but thankfully they forgave us eventually and now we live closer although not close enough.

In the city we were back with Michael's family and my extended family plus most of our good close friends. We were able to join in with birthday celebrations, Easter, Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Anniversaries, New Years Eve, births, deaths and weddings. It was really nice to be able to be part of everyone's lives again and be part of the celebrations. I do like a good get together.

I was able to see some of my friends on a weekly basis which was heaven. We could sit and chat, have a coffee and just be us again instead of communicating through letters (shock horror - there was life before email)  and expensive short phone calls. One very definite positive was our cheaper phone bills.

I started going to Michael's Mums for dinner each Wednesday night which broke my week up. I'd see my Grandmother up to three times a week and I timetabled my girlfriends in for coffee catch ups, often at my house so we could put Cameron down or at least have his things so it wasn't such an upheaval for him and me.

I looked forward to my catch ups and normal time. It made me so happy to be with the ones I loved and it took me away from my reality for just a little while.

Michael also had a huge positive by moving to the city. He became a Docker's member with his best friend and they were able to go to the AFL games when Fremantle played in town. He loves Australian Rules Football and to be able to see his favourite team play live each fortnight was heaven for him. Plus he too was spending time with someone he had missed by living so far away.

By living in the city we even saw more of my parents because it was much easier for them to visit us in the city from their country town than it was to get to the town we had lived in. The only person we saw less of was my sister, which was really sad. If you can recall she lived in the major country town we had been flown out of to get Cameron to the city hospital. She got down to the city as often as she could and did eventually move down here just like my parents eventually did too. So in the end I had my family all around me just like Michael and that made life much better.

I believe things are really not that important, people are and if you have your family and friends around you, you can just about cope with anything because you have the love and support to lift you up and help you fly when you need to.

Comments