Night at the Races 2018

Riding for the Disabled WA 
Night at the Races
2018

For those of you who have followed us for a while, you will know how passionate I am about Riding for the Disabled - horse riding for people with disabilities.
Cameron has been with RDA for 20 years and over those years I have sat on the sidelines, been on Centre committees, been President of two centres, been on the State Council, been on the State Executive Committee in a variety of roles and currently I am the State Grievance Officer and the Co-Organiser of RDAWA's major fundraiser - Night at the Races. (Yes I know, I said I stopped - well it turns out I only took a hiatus - She, who knows who she is, roped me back in)
I know how much Cameron's story and achievements touch peoples hearts because people write to me and tell me, stop me in the street and at appointments and tell me. We are truly thankful for all the positive energy you send Cameron's way and the uplifting comments you leave on this blog. it touches our hearts, lifts us up when we get down and lets us know that we are not doing this alone.
A thought occurred to me this evening - I wonder if all your wonderful combined energy might be able to help RDAWA and our endeavours with Night at the Races.
On Saturday 23rd June at 6.30pm we need to fill the Hyatt Ballroom in Perth, Western Australia, with people who want to have a fun night of sweepstakes, horse races, silent, live and ballot auctions, an inspirational guest speaker, an entertaining MC, yummy food, free drinks and lots of fun and games as we all come together to raise money for RDAWA to continue to change disabled children and adults lives, just the way RDA changed Cameron's life.
We need Sponsors, we need Donations, we need Guests and we need People to help us spread the word and help us promote this truly unique fundraising event on the Perth social calendar.
There is an Event page on Facebook for Night at the Races Gala Dinner and a page on the RDAWA website - www.rdawa.org.au (click News and Events) both of those pages can link you to StickyTickets where tickets can be purchased. If you can attend that would be wonderful, if you can tell your family, friends and work colleagues (organize a table) that would be amazing but if that is not possible, that is alright. It would be equally fabulous if you could promote the Night at the Races event page through your Facebook personal page and any other pages or groups you are a member of on Facebook. If you are on other social media platforms and feel comfortable promoting it there to, that would also be wonderful.  RDA is not generally known in the community and we need to change that.
If you, a business or anybody you know might be interested in sponsoring Night at the Races I can forward you a Sponsorship Menu and if you would like to make a donation (financial, voucher or goods of any nature) please let me know.
Night at the Races is at the end of the financial year. Any financial donations are tax deductible and you will enter the New Financial Year knowing that you have contributed to changing some truly deserving people's lives. Any donations over $5000 will be acknowledged with two free tickets to Night at the Races along with other ways to acknowledge the generous donation.
If you attend Night at the Races please stop me as I fly past and say Hi and if you look around the room you will see a few familiar faces - My Head Bookie is My Marvellous Man and My Little Angel is a Night at the Races volunteer - she's not so little anymore but she's still my angel. Cameron you will spot enjoying the evening with one of his Support Workers.
It is handy when you are an organizer. If you would like to sit with Cameron please let me know and we will organize a table of Cameron and his wonderful supporters and friends. (It will be first in first served)  If you organize a table we can put your table next to his.
Thank you for whatever you can do to help us raise awareness of RDA and funds for RDAWA. I know that if Cameron could he would say Thank You straight after he gave you one of his enormous, gorgeous smiles and an equally enormous hug.

Please feel free to share this blog post.

Comments